Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thrill Me Musical~~and everything in between!

Finally posting about Sunday! :-P (OK so this was in the draft section forever! I already went and saw this show again!)

The morning was full of chores, so I'll skip that. haha...but I met up with Mai at around 3pm to head to the exit where The Stage was located (that's the place where the musical was gonna be). Found it after Thea showed up and pointed it out to us. It was a little further down than we thought. woops!
Went to a Pho restaurant, cuz Mai was craving it...I've never had it! It was so good!! Of course, it has a sauce that's spicy, so of course. :P I think I should have ordered the dish that had more meat tho. It was kinda lacking.
We had time to kill after that, so we ended up in UNIQLO (which apparently is a Japanese-based store?? anyone help me on that one? I dunno). But, there were some great sales! t-shirts for 10,000won (less than $10)! I bought 3. :-D Two are the same style, just different screen design and color. But so cute! Now, I just need some skirts/shorts to go with them.

Anyway, went to the show, which was pretty much awesome! I was lost during the whole thing, but the music was very emotional. I could follow along that way. We had some nice seats!! A little off to the right side (facing stage) a few rows from the front. It was small venue, but still good seats~

Since it's been so long since the first time I watched this, I am probably forgetting some details I wanted to mention. It was awesome, so I'll just move on!:D

Waited around after the show cuz my friend Mai has been a fan of one of the actors for a long time. He walked up the stairs where we were waiting, and I didn't recognize him of course. :P Mai gave him a present and then he walked outside to meet up with the fans. We headed out there, too. Thea and I kinda stayed behind, since we didn't know who he was. But, we eventually went out to watch Mai. Jihoon was super nice! He was talking to everyone and started shaking everyone's hands. He even came over to Thea and I (we were off to the side, watching everything). :) He shook our hands and said thank you in English. He's very charming, I felt myself getting slightly flustered. That's all I can really remember, so I'll end here.^^

As we were going to head out, the other actor (Jonghyeok) came out with a bunch of his fangirls. It was amusing, they were fanning him and all crowded around him. I was still very excited to see them perform again (I decided to go with Mai two more times after this one!)


I was gonna end this and finish a separate post about my events after that weekend, but I'll just keep it here. I guess I'll test out if this has a word limit! :-P

Anyway, the rest of English camp went well!! I had to make some improvements halfway through, but I was getting tired and not putting much effort into my work. The kids seemed to respond a lot better after that. I can't think of anything super fantastic about camp. It was fun and I'm excited for a bit of a break! Today's my first day on break~~I go back in about two weeks, on the 25th.

Last weekend I finally decided not to plan anything at all (except for some cleaning, laundry, and watching tv). Thursday, I get a call from an acquaintance I was put in touch with earlier (He's the grandson of someone from Emmanuel Baptist). He was gonna be in Seoul and wanted to go on a bus tour on Saturday. Grant and I met up around 11:30...I got a little lost on one of the transfers and ended up on the same line I started on. Which just meant I had to take the longer way to get there. Anyway, we met up and decided to take the City Tour. There was a palace tour, but there were a few other things on the City Tour that we were interested in (and still some palaces), so we chose that. It was only 10,000won! The trip was around 2hrs if you don't really get off the bus, but they run past the stations every 20-30minutes, so we got off a few times.

First stop we made was the National Museum. I forget that time passes too quickly at museums, so we kinda wasted 2hrs and only saw half of two floors. So, we headed out and finally got on the bus. It was raining off and on all day, but it actually wasn't too bad~

The second stop was the Traditional Korean Village. It was so cool! I love the style of homes here, you don't get to see houses much here. So many people live in apartments. The rain had decided to take a break, which was good~~We had to be outside in order to visit the houses. I am now a token white girl hahaha. A Chinese girl asked to take a picture with me! I was tempted to get a pic with my camera cuz I was so amused by it! It was precious, I even took one with her dad. She couldn't have been much older than 13. I knew they were Chinese cuz I heard them talking before and her dad even thanked me in Chinese. :)

Our next stop was the N. Seoul Tower. It was amazing! I was pretty scared, since it was so high over the city, but it was a great view. My camera does not do it any justice. The have this cute tradition where there are locks all over the fencing there. It was really cute! I took pics, those are to come tomorrow. Probably in a separate post. :)

We were running out of time, so we decided to skip the palaces. :( I think I'll try to go on the Tour again and make sure to visit the palaces and the war memorial museum. Our final stop was Insadong. It's a popular outdoor place with a lot of traditional stores and souvenirs. It seems to be a big tourist spot. But, it was so cool! I want to go back, mostly cuz I need more postcards. It's the only place I can figure out where to get postcards. It's such a nice area, I'm definitely going there for gifts (if you have something you might want, give me ideas!!). :) They have a lot of crafts and jewelry and antiques. It's a shopper's paradise haha~~

We left Insadong around 8pm and got on the last bus of the night to take us back where we started. Hadn't eaten since lunch (I had Kinchi Chigae~~tasty and spicy!) so we went to a BBQ place and stuffed ourselves. ^^ I am certain that is one meal I will never get tired of here. Left sometime around 10pm and headed home.

Sunday was a relaxing day. I got up, talked to my dad (in New Mexico) and said hi~also talked to a few ppl online for a bit. I also worked on getting addresses from people so I could use the postcards I bought. Took most of the morning...finally went out to pick up some kitchen stuff. Decided it was too hot to stay out, so I went home and took a small nap. Went out to get groceries sometime around 6. It was still sunny and hot out, but I didn't want to wait too long. I dunno how early it closes on Sundays.

The rest of camp flew by so fast this week. I felt like Monday barely came and it was already Wednesday! Everything ended smoothly, I'll miss them! But a lot of my kids are actually students at Gojan. I'll see them in a few weeks:)

Yesterday I went home and packed my things. I was gonna meet Mai to see Thrill Me again! I traveled with Yunkyu (my friend from the subway-he lives in Ansan) since he was heading to class. Met up with Mai around 7:40 and headed to the show. We were in balcony this time (2nd row). We were a little worried cuz downstage was down far enough that we knew we were gonna have trouble seeing some of it. But, the girls in front of us stayed pretty still and most of the show seemed to be center and upstage. It was a really cool view this time! I was really worried it wouldn't be a good seat.

The show was so much better for me! Mai gave me the music to the OST, which is in English, so I was able to catch on to the story. I also looked up some of the outline of the show on Wikipedia. That, and Mai translated some of the parts that she understood.
The story really is a dark topic, but it was performed so well. I really enjoyed their chemistry and singing ability. The blended so well~~~ The ending was super cute. When they were doing their bows, the younger one (Jonghyuk) tried to bow to the older one (Jihoon), but Jihoon stopped Jonghyuk by putting his hands on the sides of his head.
We went out afterwards to meet Jihoon. He came out early but didn't stay as long as before. He signed stuff this time though! All I had was my ticket stub. This girl noticed me of course and had me write my name on a post-it so he could write my name when he signed...but he still asked me how to spell it! I think he was making small talk. He seems so personable. I felt nervous this time! But he was super nice and when he was leaving he shook my hand again and told me "See you tomorrow." :D I think it was the only English phrase that came to mind, but he also might have assumed we were coming to the show Thursday too. I wasn't much better...I didn't know how to respond to I said "Yeah!" or something. :-P I'm gonna practice some Korean so I can tell him the show was awesome, next time. I'm going again next week.

Jihoon left, and we finally realized Jonghyuk was outside, surrounded by a bunch of fans. We went over and realized he was signing things, so we pulled out a pen and our stuff. My ticket was covered in Jihoon's signature, so I grabbed my small notebook that I carry around. He was so nice, and pretty adorable. :) He kept bowing and using his hands to bow (like he was praying). He also looked so shocked every time he looked at me. I was the only white person there! He also started taking pics with fans, so Mai and I took pics w/him (I'm lucky I grabbed my camera!). Mai and I decided that I should tell him it was nice to meet him (in Korean) since he was already so shocked I was there. I didn't get the guts to do it till just before he left and right after I took the pic with him. I didn't think a person could look anymore surprised! ^.^ Next week, I decided I'm gonna tell him something a little bit longer just to freak him out. He was really amusing with how surprised he was.
Let's face it, I'm just amused all over with how much I get stared at here. I kinda know what the celebrities feel like now. :-P hahaha~

Ok, I am now caught up (minus the pictures). I will be posting those tomorrow, probably do another set of video slideshows. I'll try to sort them, too! I have a lot of stuff to catch you all up on. Sorry! I have had busy weekends since I arrived. But, tomorrow I will make sure to at least get half of the pics posted. :)

Oh! One more thing. I got a package this week!! Ian's family put together a bunch of stuff and sent it to me. I got so many things~! It was amazing, I cried.^^ I knew I was gonna get a package from Ian, but not his whole fam! It was a great surprise~~Thanks guys, I love and miss you~!!

Now, I'm off. I didn't get any laundry done but I have no plans to be outside tomorrow, so I'm good. :-P Expect to hear from me again soon!! I really will try to do my best with posting more often. That way it won't be such a massive post!! ~XOXOXOXOXOXO!~ ^_^v

No comments:

Post a Comment