Wednesday, July 14, 2010

finally another update!

Hey!!!! It has been busy this week, and I haven't made much time to post here. I still have a lot of pics to post! This weekend will get even more busy...my college roomie Caitlyn will be here for part of the week!!! So excited~~~ I'm meeting up with them Saturday night and will probably just crash with Cailtyn since the subway trains stop running around midnight or sometimes earlier. I'll need to remember to bring clothes! :P

This week (Tues and Wed) I had to teach without my co-teachers! It wasn't so bad with the 5th grade, I was able to get them to understand my instructions. The 3rd grade on the other hand...that was interesting~~ they understand very little English, so to try to explain to them that we are doing role-play was a bit of a challenge. Luckily, the homeroom teachers all stayed in each class I taught. They figured out what I was asking and helped to translate. :)

Today was even easier~ My second class was cancelled because of a test, and the third class because of the fire drill. WOW, that was the coolest fire drill ever! haha~~ There was some sort of smoke/dust coming out of the building (not fire smoke!) while the kids were going outside. There were two bins in the middle of the field that they lit on fire and had some students help put it out with the extinguishers. The firetruck even came by and knocked over the bins with their hose. It was super cool. I took pics and video, so I'll make time to post it tonight (if my internet cooperates).

Currently using wireless that I can pick up, but it's been messing up this week. I'm gonna give in and buy internet for my place. It'll make posting the pics easier, as well. :)

I also need to buy a phone, but I may wait until my friend Matthew is back in town. He can help with translating things. :) I'm not in a rush anyway. I get paid Friday, so I can get the phone next week. I also get paid from LPA one more time next week. That money will go to my loans, so I don't have to worry too much about making any transfers anytime soon. I also should get reimbursed for my plane ticket this paycheck! woo~~ that means I need to keep my spending in check. :-P It's so easy to buy things here.

I'm sure there was more to tell, but I was distracted by the fire drill and haven't updated in awhile. I'm sure I forgot about something.

Anyway, I have one more class today and then lunch! This afternoon I need to start thinking about Summer English Camp. It's already next week (Wednesday)! The lessons are pretty much planned, but I want to at least have the first week detailed and organized so I am prepared in case I have extra time or something doesn't work. Talk to you all later, love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment