Friday, July 23, 2010

a day of experiences

We started summer English camp last Wednesday. So far, it's been fun! The class size is small and it's good experience for me to teach on my own (which can get tricky since they don't often understand me and vice versa). But, I have learned some useful phrases: "Let's go home!" (So they know it's time to clean up and go home).
Overall, it's a great learning experience. I have to remember this is a lot more like summer school, cuz there are certain guidelines I need to follow for the lessons (such as vocabulary and target phrases/sentences). Which is of course important since we are teaching English. I just got a little distracted with making it more interesting and fun.

After work, I relaxed a bit then met the other English teacher from my school. Taylor and I decided to eat out for dinner (my veggies went bad) at this place she loves. It's a Indian food place that's in this Asian district in Ansan. It was soooo good. I'll need to remember how to get there and home so I can take others to it later. :) We had curry chicken w/spinach, a spicy chicken with a pesto dipping sauce and yummy bread (pan?) with garlic. We were so full. I was worried I would bug her to much by trying to hang out a lot or ask questions, but she seems to want to invite me places and is willing to give me tips. She's been here a few months already and had been on her own, so she knows some of the area well.
But the other experience was taking the bus to get dinner. Ok you might think it's just a bus, but oh my goodness they are crazy drivers!! The treat this huge vehicle like it's a compact car, weaving in and out of traffic, making suddens starts and stops. I thought it was hard to stand up on the subway... I had to hug the bar to keep from falling! It was slightly amusing.

Went out for the night (it is Friday after all!) with the friend that helped me get home last weekend. Yunkyu and I went to some bar, ate some food and went off to meet his friends. They apparently were excited to meet me, but none of them spoke much English (it was pretty much no Eng haha). Yunkyu had to keep translating, but there were a few words and sentences I picked up on. They wanted me to introduce them to my co-workers from school. The girl co-workers. :-P It was funny. Oh! This was the other experience I had: I ate raw cow meat! When we met up with them, they had already ordered food and were drinking. I tried the meat, it tasted like the sauce it was in and was only slightly difficult to eat. I think mostly cuz I was so full from dinner (and lunch) and knew that it was raw meat. But, it didn't seem bad at all. I think I'll try it again when I'm not full. They finished eating and trying to talk to me and we went to a karaoke bar (Noraebang). I got to start the night singing first, but I fail so horribly at karaoke unless it's a song I really know, which isn't a lot if I don't have the song to sing along to. But, it was fun anyway. We ate more food of course. That's pretty much common here. Drink and eat. I was thinking I would lose weight here, but not not so much. There's just always food to eat.

Got home at like 3am? Talked online a bit then crashed. I don't have much planned today until later this afternoon when I go into Seoul. Meeting friends for some concert cuz I need to spend the night with her tonight. We're going to Inkigayo tomorrow (basically a music show/mini concert)!! I am so excited cuz I am pretty sure this is the weekend the leader from CNBlue is gonna be one of the MC's. It might not be sure we get in, but I hope so! :D Also that evening we put our names into a raffle for a fansign with SHINee! A lot of you have no clue what I'm talking about, but basically it all is involved with kpop. :P I am super excited!!

Need to do a few chores and buy food. Better run before it gets later. Hope I can get pictures up this week. I'll try to do them in smaller batches. Maybe that will be easier! We'll see~~

Hope you all are doing well. Love you!!!
~xoxoxoxoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment