Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dream come true~~

I'll post later about MT...BUT I HAD THE CHANCE TO MEET YUNHO AND CHANGMIN♥♥♥♥

Who are they you ask? (Since a lot of my friends seem to not know) They are 2 members from my all time favorite Kpop group, Dong Bang Shin Ki (TVXQ or DBSK). This group was the group to get me into Korean music, language, and culture. They are the cause for wanting to come here! :D No matter how indirect it may be, I do often think of them when I realize where I'm at now.

Anyway, on to the fansign!!! I rushed home after MT, showered and rushed out to get to the other side of Seoul by 4pm. My friend Krista and I both got in, so I was able to enjoy it with someone. We met by 4 and took a taxi over to the venue, got our tickets after some confusion (apparently they can't figure out what order to read the names in English), and ran off to grab a bite to eat.

The signing started at 6pm. We sat around for a bit kind of interacting with those around us (not many fans can speak English, or won't speak it) and freaking out as time came closer. We were asked to write our names on a post-it for them, but to write in Korean. Luckily I know how to do that! :)

The boys came out...looking gorgeous, as usual. Changmin had on a nice blazer, Yunho had a grey sweater over a button up shirt and a cute heart pin~! Yunho is my favorite, but Changmin is definitely more gorgeous than Yunho. Yunho comes across more handsome. Both looked fantastic though!
We were lined up almost immediately, being in the second row. I didn't have time to really process being there, but I probably would have just psyched myself up too much and been to excited. :P
Krista and I were babbling about how gorgeous Changmin was and how Yunho was going to be the chatty one, as always. His line was already starting to get longer (he takes time to talk to everyone and will listen to you)
Anyway, it was my turn. I was slightly surprised I didn't get a big reaction for being a foreigner but they are used to having foreign fans, I think. I walked up to Changmin, we both bowed and said hello, in Korean. He asked me another question in Korean...I'm pretty sure it was "Where are you from?" but my brain shut down at this point and I was prepared to only say hi and thank you. I responded in Korean "what?" then he asked me if I spoke Korean (Again, brain shut down and I knew I would be rushed so I was having trouble with simple sentences) I told him I know a little. He might have said something else, but I'm pretty sure that was it. He told me thank you, twice in Korean both formal versions and smiled. I replied in Korean and walked over to Yunho's line.
Freaking myself out even more by this time. I just attempted to have a conversation with Changmin and now I was going to be meeting Yunho! I was so nervous. I walked up to him, said hello. He looked at my name, read it slowly then realized it was an English name and repeated it with less of an accent. This is where I died. LOL It was adorable! He asked if I went to Inkigayo (they performed there just before the fansign, and won!!) I told him no. Again, I forget if there was anything else said here, mostly because I was distracted with watching him sign (he added a star next to his ^^ smiley face). He and I said thank you and I went back to my seat.
We stayed to watch the rest of the signing, mostly because it didn't seem like it would take too long to finish and we might not have been able to leave early anyway.
Few highlights from the event:
~Changmin was either resting his voice or getting sick, but he spoke so soft and quietly. It was really nice to listen to, though because it came out slightly lower than usual.
~Yunho was smiley and chatty, as expected. Hi line was getting so long!
~He was also distracted by a fan that had her young son there (he was maybe a year old~so cute!) Every time the baby would make noise, he would glance over and smile. *^_^*
~Two boy fans! But one was awesome cuz he asked Yunho to hit his hand and that made him dance. It was cool! Everyone cheered for him. :D He danced another time and walked off stage with the hugest grin ever.
~Boy fan got a shout out from them, and Yunho even pointed and gave a thumbs up to him at the end. Boy fan was on cloud nine after that! (pretty sure he was crying later~♥) It made my day just to see that. Yunho is awesome~~^^
~Yunho dropped his pen before everything started because he was twirling it in his fingers. :P

We had to wait to leave, because they wanted to get the boys out of there before the fans could get outside and follow them. I went home (took forever! ugh i was so tired from MT) and crashed. I'm sick this morning thanks to the limited amount of sleep I got this weekend. But it was all worth it. ^^

2 comments:

  1. O.M.G. So fucking jealous right now! I hope someday I can meet them. I'd be happy if it was just as a fan, but it'd be even better if it was as a co-worker! Glad to hear it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing! They're so nice! Both rather talkative and curious. So cute Yunho tried to say your name right after realizing it was American! I've been to a fansign event once for a Twilight New Moon, but they were just signing and moving people on and not talking so much, plus meeting them wasn't as fun as meeting my fav korean kpop stars would be. Oh and in my dream world without the stupid separation, Jaejoong would be there too :DI
    I am so living vicariously right now thanks to you :D Thanks for the account!! Now get well soon!

    ReplyDelete