Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thursday July 1, 2010

Yep, it's already Thursday here! Takes some getting used to. I still seem to have a bit of jet lag, but I'm working through it. Went out yesterday to meet some new friends (and one I already know) and got tired pretty quick~~~but I made it till 11 to head home! But, the subway ride home is about 1hr from where we were hanging out. Got home and to bed finally around 1am.

And here I am awake at 8am. :-P

Anyway, yesterday was awesome! I got to chat w/Ian (love you bb~!) in the morning than I had to leave for the subway to meet some new friends for lunch. The subway was pretty easy, cuz a lot of things are in English, but I had to figure out how to get the T-Money card so I could put money on it. That wasn't to easily explained. But an attendant (i think) came around and directed me to the store to buy the card, then showed me how to put money on the card. I had already known how to use the card, thanks to some research I did. :)

But, I got upstairs and wasn't sure it was headed the right direction and so I got myself all confused I didn't get on the train that came. So I waited for another person to arrive and I asked her. Of course she didn't seem to speak any English, so I just said the name of the place and pointed. It was the right train, so I waited for the next one.

The train ride was easy since I was so distracted by the view and the ride (it was an hour long). Got to my meeting place and it got confusing again. I was supposed to meet friends at a certain exit, and I wasn't sure I was heading the right way. Turned around and starting seeing numbers (the exits) and made it out fine. Now, I'm totally a pro and was able to get home last night, no problem! I am glad I can read Korean tho, it makes me more comfortable, even tho a lot of signs are in English, too.

Met two friends for lunch, and wandered around the area. Bought a phone strap and a headband. Also went and had some tea before going our separate ways. It was cool, cuz I tried to order in Korea. Went from there back a stop to meet my friend from NAU. Then from there, we went to meet the others. We went to the University area, so it was busy! But it was awesome. Went to dinner at a bbq place (not like in the US) and then we walked around to find something else to do. Had tea and ice cream at a shop nearby. It was fun! I was being all touristy of course (taking pics) and we kept laughing about it. I told them it was cuz I was a foreigner. hahaha~ But everything was awesome during the day, and even better at night!! It all lit up, like NYC but cooler. ;) After that we went to get drinks but I was exhausted so I took the subway home. Got back no problem! I was a little worried about heading back so far alone, but it was fine. Everyone on the train were sleeping or ignoring each other and the walk home was easy.

Went to bed after checking email and facebook and such. Woke up today around 7 so I can get used to being up tomorrow. I start school tomorrow!!! It's my first day so I won't teach but I will be introducing myself to everyone and probably observing in class. Monday is a field trip, so I go in but only do planning, I think. Next week I am still observing possibly. But I will try to help as much as possible during lessons. :)

Anyway, better get ready for the day. Still need to clean a little. I also want to be used to getting up early for work tomorrow! I'll be posting pics later, but I wanted to update while I thought about it and still have time.

I'll update a lot this weekend, I'm going out Friday night and Sunday. :) Talk to you all later!!! Love you~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment