Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Greetings from KOREA ^.^













Helloooo~~! Hope everyone is well. I am great! Tired a little...

I'll start from when I got here and hopefully, I won't leave anything out! :)

I got into Korea at 3pm. No delays or anything! The flight was looonnnggg. Even if they did show movies and shows, it was still pretty hard to sit still. I was so tired, thought I would sleep well last night. Nope. crashed at 7 or 8pm then woke up at 3am. I'm crashing now and it's only 9pm. I'm worried I'll wake up early again.
The only thing that helped with that was the TV in my sleeping area! Yup, I have cable!! lol

Got picked up by a taxi and drove to Ansan. Seemed like it was a short drive, but I was also distracted.
Met my co-teacher at my apartment, discussed a few things and she left me to rest and settle in. I really wanted to wander around but once I got comfortable, that was it. I fell asleep at 7pm Korea time, and woke up at 3am. It's a good thing I have a tv with a lot of channels! I was able to do something with minimal effort. I do get some channels that show American shows/movies. But, I do like watching the crazy game shows (like face soccer!).

I got up and started unpacking/cleaning at around 6 or 7am. Very cute and simple place, but I like it a lot!
Sometime last night, I also realized that I will be here for an entire year, not just a few weeks or a few months. It was a little overwhelming, but also exciting. :)
I'll do a video tour of the apartment soon. I just need to finish putting clothes away.

Wandered downstairs to grab some food. Got the money mixed up but the cashier was so nice, he showed me the correct amount. Luckily, I learn quickly. I'm sure I won't always run into someone like that.

Ate food. Cleaned some more. I think I took another TV break at some point. Got bored again and wandered around the neighborhood, trying to see what was around the area. It was pretty cool! I didn't go too far, I wasn't sure what time it was and I didn't want to get myself turned around and lost. Had quote a few people basically stare at me. But, my co-teacher explained that they are fond of Americans and don't often see them here. It's not too hard to notice me since I am blonde. :-P I had one guy stare at me for some time while he walked passed. I was amused.

Went with my co-teacher to start the process of getting my ID. That was a fairly easy process. I impressed her with my observation/listening skills. They were talking about the table at the entrance and I mentioned that we came in that direction and it was right in front (they were talking in Korean, mind you). I had no idea what they were saying, I just figured it out by the gestures and such.

Found a bank that has a global atm (KE BANK). Took out most of the money and spent it at the Lotte Mart nearby. I had a few extra things to pick up (food, rice cooker, hangers, a fan, etc etc). It seems to be a little expensive here. Maybe it was because of my list. Next time will most likely only be groceries.

Also found out I start school Friday. I won't have classes since they are testing, but I will be introducing myself. So, I will have to prepare that, I guess.
Monday is also a field trip and the rest of the week is watching and probably helping my co-teacher. Then, I will start making lessons and teaching!

Anyway, finally got this finished! My internet died on me last night, so I had to wait til now to update. Uploading all my pictures will take a long time until I figure out how to resize and such, so I made a video slideshow! :) Enjoy~~and look forward to a video tour of my apartment later this week (maybe today -Wed for me- since it's raining). ^^

Enjoy the video. There isn't any sound, next time I'll try to add some music or me talking so it's not so boring. ;)
Feel free to comment and ask questions! love you all~!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so neat! I'm looking forward to seeing all your pictures and reading all about your time in Korea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm glad things are going well so far!

    ReplyDelete