Saturday, September 18, 2010

the life of an english teacher...

Finished the week, finally! It wasn't long or anything, just tiring now that I teach extra classes. But, I made more overtime than last week! yay~~

Friday was a good night! Went to Korean class, learned and practiced a lot. I am learning how to make some basic but useful sentences! I tried it out in an email today~^^ We even got distracted at the end talking a little about language and which are more popular. Also talked about English speaking countries and their dialects and such that make it hard to understand.
Went out to the club with a friend from Korean class. It was her bday and we went out in Ansan dancing. It was awesome~! I actually went to this place before but it wasn't as fun cuz the friends I went with didn't dance. Alyssa loves to dance so we spent the entire night there dancing till our bodies hurt. :) We got there around 11 and didn't leave til 3:30am or so. Got home and finally crashed at almost 5am. Crazy!! But so fun. We stood out, of course...but also because Alyssa and I were dancing so much (and I dunno about myself, but Alyssa is a good dancer!) The live band was fun too~~

Went to Home Plus today, finally! Alyssa and I met up there for lunch and to buy groceries. I bought food, and even found some indoor shoes for work finally. Also caved and bought a very cute pair of boots. I'll share a pic soon. :) Might wear them tomorrow since I won't be out all day. They'll be better when it cools off more.

I have this coming week off for Chuseok. Not much planned, but so far I have some things to do!
Sunday- Meet Mai for church (finally!) in Seoul. Also an event is going on after that. The church we're going to is the one Jihoon attends (guy from Thrill Me musical). He's performing a bit in the afternoon. Finally getting to Seoul again! I need to check my tmoney card to make sure I still have money on it for the subway...

Monday-nothing til the evening. Meeting up with my new friend Sungmin (LOL not from SuJu.) probably for dinner. I should ask since we're meeting at 7:30. Met him through my friend Joey last weekend when we went out. He wants to practice his English and I will attempt to practice learn more Korean. Yay more friends in Ansan (Alyssa lives in the area too)!!

Wednesday-LOTTE WORLD!! It's one of the big amusement parks. Going in Tuesday night most likely, so we can go super early. :P Wooooo~!!

That's it for my mini-vacay (for now!)...but the following week I'm heading to Seoul for 3 days for a training workshop. I'm bummed I will be missing school (do you see this?? MISSING WORK! I am so happy that I love teaching again~) but Alyssa is going to the training too! I'll know someone yay~~It'll also be a nice break and probably a fun time. Hope I can make some more friends to do things with in Korea.

That's it for now~~~need to go pick up some water and juice since I didn't want to carry a fourth bag from Home Plus. ttyl♥

1 comment:

  1. Claire....
    I have been stalking you and from this i am glad you found your love of teaching again. I am also glad to see you are adapting well to the new ways of culture in your life. We miss you here in Tucson and wish you well. I want you to know that you brighten my day to read your exploits in a different country. I should be better about writing you as you are to your faithful followers.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete