Friday, September 10, 2010

busy week!

I'm updating! I haven't been doing anything major during my weekends, so there's not been much to update with.

I started my Korean class this week on Monday. Got moved into the intermediate class that's on Tues/Fri. I was super nervous...we took a test to determine our level and I didn't know a lot of it. Some I could kind of get through because I understand sentence structure. I got a 42! :P Yeah it was better than I thought I would get. But it also meant I could stay in the class. If we got below 40, she recommended we take the Mon/Thurs class. Still wasn't sure if I should stay in it, but last night went well! There were only 5 of us in class (probably cuz it was a FRIDAY night). We learned about sentence structure and how to use honorific form. Our vocabulary focus was family. My vocabulary is poor, but I pick up quick on how to create the sentences. I just need to practice my vocabulary more. Time to make notecards~! :-P

School was so busy and tiring this week. Tuesday, I teach 5 classes, so I'm done at 2pm. However, something happened with the English after class and Faa (5th grade co-teacher) and I were asked to step in until November or so. This isn't the kind of afterschool class you might be thinking of. This was two classes that ranged from grades 1-6. Each class is 80 minutes long and meets twice a week (Tues/Thurs). basically from 2pm until 4:40pm I am now teaching. On Tuesdays I teach from 9:10am until 4:40. Thursday, I actually get a break from 1:20-2pm.
It was a little overwhelming when we were asked to take over this class last minute. And I mean last minute. But, things seem to work themselves out and I am getting overtime for it. ^^ It's not too bad...I am so lucky to be teaching it together with my co-teacher!! She's awesome~

Even though I was tired, I still managed to go to Korean class, and it was fun. :) I met a girl the first class who is into Kpop and Korean dramas, so we get along well. She was there on Friday and we talked about a concert coming up that she's going to see. I'm not going cuz it's too much money and I already paid for three musicals for next month. Which reminds me, I need to buy a skirt for one of the shows. We get a discount for wearing a miniskirt. :P

Nothing else that I can think of. It really has been a busy week. I hung out with Yunkyu and met his friend on Tuesday. Of course he doesn't speak much English so Yunkyu has to translate for us. I feel bad, but I'm learning so hopefully I can communicate more. Going to meet some friends for lunch in an hour. YAY~ I haven't been hanging out much on the weekends, so I miss it. It's just a lot of time to go to Seoul to see my friends. Hopefully I can find some things to do here so I can convince them to come out to Ansan.

Anyway, gonna run! I should probably clean up my place a bit. But I wanted to do a big clean of the whole place, so I might just wait til tomorrow. :P

Take care, love ya!!!
~xoxoxoxoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment